- Go to the page https://www.paypal.com/
- If you don’t already have an account, it will prompt you to "Sign Up", otherwise you can Log In (top right) or use the button-link "Sign Up For Free" in the centre of the screen
- To Sign Up:
- Choose the country where you have a bank account with a card ( ie. debit card) and postal address receiving statements for that account.
- Choose the preferred language to use PayPal with - ie. English (there is no option for Greek)
- Choose “Paypal For You” (it means personal account) and click on “Get Started”.
- Complete all the details required, tick the box and click on “Agree and Create Account”
- The system takes you to the “Overview” page where you are welcomed and see that the balance is 0.
- At the same time, you will receive an email to the email account that you have used to create your Paypal account, whereby Paypal will request you to confirm your email address. Check you email and use the link provided in that email to confirm your email address. It will take you to a Paypal page where you will need to input your Paypal password; if it is correct, your email will be confirmed.
- The first step in your Paypal account is to connect a credit/debit card. From the menu, choose Profile -> Add or Edit Credit Card.
- Click on the button “Add a Card”
- Complete all the details required and ensure the address you input is the address where the card statement is sent or is registered with the issuing bank.
- From that point onwards, when you are on a website and have the option to pay by PayPal, you can just click on the PayPal option and it will take you to the PayPal Log In, to accept that charge for the item/service you want to purchase. The vendor will not be able to see your card details. You will receive an automatic confirmation of the amount that was paid with your card as soon as the transaction is done on the email you indicated in your account.
- You may wish to verify your card, for extra security (not applicable to prepaid cards). To begin the verification process, from the Menu select Profile-> Add or Edit Credit Card. Επιλέξτε την κάρτα σας και πατήστε "Verify". You will be charged a refundable EUR1,50 for verification purposes. A couple of days later, you can check your bank account and find the PayPal charge for EUR1,50 - it will have a 4-digit code next to it. Copy that code and Log In to PayPal.
- From the menu, choose Profile -> Add or Edit Credit Card
- Find the card you linked in PayPal and click on the “Verify” button. Input the code you copied fro your bank statement and click OK/Verify. This will prompt PayPal to verify your card and refund the EUR1,50.
HOW TO PURCHASE AN ADVENTURE GIFT CERTIFICATE WITH PAYPAL
By clicking on the button "Buy Gift Certificate" on this page which will take you to Paypal. Login to your Paypal account and follow these steps:
- From your account in Paypal select "Send Money" from the menu.
- Complete the fields "To (Email)" with the email: email@example.com, the amount you wish to spend, select "I'm sending paying for goods or services" and click on the "Continue" button.
- On the next page, before clicking on the first "Send Money" button - complete the fields for an email with "Subject" Gift Certificate and your name and in the message area
- Next, within the 300 characters available to compose the message, ensure that you include the name, cell number and email of the person you wish to gift with an Adventure Gift Certificate. You may also include a message of your own (ie. wishes) to that person, which will show up on the Adventure Gift Certificate.
- Finally, click on the button "Send Money" which is located under the message and complete the transaction.
You will receive a confirmation for your purchase and within 24 hours the person you wish to gift with an Adventure Gift Certificate will receive an email with the respective Adventure Gift Certificate and he/she will be able to use it as described on this page on (b).